It is a condition of entry that each raft entered raises at least £125 in sponsorship for charity. Monies raised will be donated to St David’s Hospice Care. (75%) and to other charitable causes supported by Monmouth Rotary Club. (25%)
We will send out Sponsorship Forms in June for each raft crew member to invite their friends and colleagues to sponsor them.
ALTERNATIVELY, crew members, can set up individual Just Giving pages.
How to create a “Monmouth raft race” Just Giving web page
- Click on the link https://www.justgiving.com/sdf
- Click on the button “Fundraise for us”
- Sign up to Just Giving, OR Sign In if you are already registered with Just Giving.
- Click on “Organised Event”
- In the “Find your event” box type in MONMOUTH RAFT RACE
- Click “Search”
- Click on “Select” against Monmouth raft race
- Under the “Choose your fundraising webpage” box, type in your name AND your raft name. NOTE:- This box will not allow spaces between words. Please put in hyphens instead of spaces. For example…..monmouth-raft-race. We need your raft name so that we can identify which raft is donating the sponsorship.
- Answer “NO” to the following 2 questions
- Click on the “Create your page” button
- You can now Personalise your page, or Save it
- You will receive an e mail from Just Giving. It will show your Just Giving web page address. It will be in the format http//www.justgiving.com/your name and raft name
- You can send this link to all friends and colleagues who may wish to sponsor you for your participation in the 2022 Monmouth raft race.
St David’s Hospice Care provides end of life care, free of charge, to patients wishing to die in their own home. Also providing care at home to patients who have been diagnosed with a life threatening illness. Sponsorship raised from every raft entered, will help fund this free service.