HOW TO RAISE SPONSORSHIP in support of St David’s Hospice Care

The raft race is a sponsored event which is raising funds for charity.

It is a condition of entry that every raft entered, agrees to raise the minimum of £100 in sponsorship.

If you have entered a raft on behalf of your crew, please request each of your crew to ask their friends and colleagues to sponsor them. We will send you sufficient sponsorship forms to give to each crew member. See below for ONLINE sponsorship.

By asking every crew member to raise sponsorship, we hope to increase the sponsorship per raft, to much more than the minimum. It is the 53rd year that the Monmouth raft race event has been run and our target is to raise over £30,000 for charity. Please help us to achieve our target.

If you are a crew member, please ask your captain for a sponsorship form, or contact Raft Race Secretary, David Forbes by email at monmouthraftrace@gmail.com and ask him to send you a sponsorship form.

We can increase the amount that you and your crew receive in sponsorship by 25%, by claiming GIFT AID from HMRC, at no cost to yourself, or the people who sponsor you. To enable us to claim the GIFT AID, please enter details of your sponsors, in the way requested on the sponsorship forms.

When you have collected all the sponsorship, please send the completed sponsorship forms to Raft Race Secretary, David Forbes, Collingwood, Rockfield Road, Monmouth NP25 5SR, with your total sponsorship money.

ONLINE SPONSORSHIP…….If your friends or colleagues prefer to sponsor you ONLINE, you can set up your own Just Giving sponsorship web page. Please click on the following instructions.

How to create a Just Giving page

The total amount raised by this event will be split, with 75% going to St David’s Hospice Care and the remaining 25% going to other charities supported by Monmouth Rotary Club.

 

Advertisements